AlNiCo (Aluminium, Nickel, Cobalt and Iron alloy) is obtained by casting process, shaped in cheap phenolic resin sand moulds. It is the oldest and most stable magnetic material, with temperature coefficients of -0,03%/°C (Br) and -0,02%/°C (HcJ). It can operate in environments up to 500 °C with a very good resistance against corrosion, therefore coatings are seldom required. For multi-pole magnetizing patterns isotropic material is available. Higher energy anisotropy is obtained by external coils orientation during the thermal treatment.
Because Alnico magnets are coarse-grained, hard and brittle, conventional machining such as drilling is not possible, however, finished surfaces may be obtained by grinding.
A unique characteristic of AlNiCo is its very high residual induction vs. a very low coercivity, therefore in most applications it can be effectively used by magnetizing after assembly in the magnetic circuit, and it is specially recommended in applications where only a temporary demagnetization is required (magnetic chucks, lifters...). For small sized models, due to the typical porosity of the casting process, sintered versions (ALSINT) are available upon request.
Alnico magnets are manufactured either by casting or sintering. Alnico is produced by conventional foundry methods using resin bonded sand molds or powder metal manufacturing methods. Sintering Alnico is suitable for complex geometries.
Most Alnico produced is anisotropic meaning that the magnetic axle of the grains is oriented in one direction. The orientation is achieved by a heat treatment process after casting or sintering. The process involves heating the casting or sintered part above its Curie Temperature and then cooling it at a controlled rate in the presence of a directionalized magnetic field. Final shaping of the Alnico materials is achieved by abrasive grinding and cutting where close tolerances are required.
Process Flow:Raw Material-----Mixing---Melting-----Heat Treatment-----Magnetic Testing----Grinding-----Inspection-----Packing and Shipping
1) Material: Aluminum, nickel, cobalt and iron with varying additions of other elements;
2) Temperature: The max operation temp is up to 200 degree centigrade or 380 curie temperature;
3) Grade: AlNiCo3, AlNiCo5 AlNiCo8 AlNiCo10and so on.
4) Shape: Ring, block, disc, bar and so on;
5) Size: According to customers' request;
6) Coating: Colour of metal casting
7) According to customer's request. We can supply different size magnetic hook.
8) Good quality with competitive price and best delivery date.
9) Application: Sensors, motors, rotors, wind turbines, wind generators, loudspeakers, magnetic holder, filters automobiles and so on.
10) Certificate: SGS test report
1) Inner magnetic voltmeter/ammeter, measuring instrument, avometer, flow meter.
2) Magnetic sensors, polarized relay, terperature and pressure controller.
3) Buzzer of mobile phone, hearing aids, mini speaker
4) Lighter of automobile, odometer of automobile and motorcycle, permanent motor, adsorptive appliance
5) Widely applied in high stability field as aviation, space flight and military technologhy
In addition, due to the good corrosion resistance characteristic, non-coating is need for surface protection.
Typical magnetic properties of cast Alnico magnet
|ISOTROPIC CAST ALNICO|
|ANISOTROPIC CAST ALNICO|
Typical magnetic properties of sintered Alnico magnet